Monday, March 17, 2014

Where the magic happens

Alex told me the title to this post was inappropriate. I innocently titled it this referring to the magical transformation of our bedroom (also referenced in this post). I'm not sure what he was referring to...


Over the last month or so, we installed the chandelier, fixed the mirror on the dresser, added a rug, created elephant seal art (more on that here), and purchased new duvets. Over a year ago we painted the walls and ceiling, refinished the floors, and replaced the blinds with curtains.


As for the other stuff in the room: I had the bed (another Craigslist find), lamps, and one of the side tables in my old apartment. We purchased and stained a second side table after we moved in. We found the large cedar chest at an antique place in Charlotte. My old landlords/neighbors gave us the antique dresser in exchange for dog-sitting for them one weekend. The chair and chevron rug were purchased for our living room but didn't quite work - so they made their way in here. I bought the other rug in Dubai back in 2009.

No comments:

Post a Comment